A report by the blockchain security company PeckShield said the attack against the popular crypto exchange resulted in 4,600 ETH being siphoned off the platform. At the same time, the company maintains that no user funds were lost.
- Reports started to emerge yesterday indicating that the Singapore-based digital asset platform had experienced suspicious activity and had to pause withdrawals.
- Later on, the exchange confirmed the news after some users complained that their funds had disappeared.
- However, CryptoCom insisted that “all funds are safe” and said it had launched an investigation. The company also reset the 2FA of all its users.
- On the other hand, PeckShield reported that the hackers actually managed to drain around 4.600 ETH (worth about $15 million).
- Moreover, the blockchain security company asserted that the perpetrators are currently being washed the funds through the ETH-based coin mixer TornadoCash.
— PeckShield Inc. (@peckshield) January 18, 2022
Credit: Source link